Tuesday, March 22, 2016

March 21, 2016

Pronto!!

Yes I just said hello in Italian!! One of our investigators speaks fluent Italian. It is really cool!! So this week was a good week. We found an investigator who might be really serious. His name is Elvis. He is the first investigator that we have had that has actually read the pamphlet and has had questions for us. It was really awesome to see!! We are still teaching Bro. Theodore and are going to extend him another baptismal date. Please really keep him in your prayers. I fear that if he doesn't get baptized now he may forever be in the investigator pool. We are also still teaching Bro. Rein. He is the one fluent in Italian. He spent many years there. His story truly is amazing. Please keep him in your prayers as well. He is ready, he just has to come to church. Oh yeah some other big news...I AM GETTING A NEW COMPANION!!! It is a really weird feeling. His name is Elder Allen. We found out Saturday night that Elder Sam and Elder Kohler are leaving. It will be extremely weird without them, especially Elder Kohler.  We had so many bro moments. I do know that no matter what, we will always be friends and that we will stay in touch. I am still in the same area so that hasn't changed. I will be the senior companion until Elder Allen gets to know the area, then he will be in charge.  We will still have a foursome in the apartment, so that will be nice.  For P-day today we got together with the Ashaiman zone.  We got to watch The Legend of Johnny Lingo and played some football.  I really liked the movie.  I had never seen it, or the original Johnny Lingo, its a really good story. I want to leave my testimony with you.  I bear my solemn testimony that this church is true, the Gospel is true, Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, Thomas S. Monson is the living prophet that leads and guides us today, and that the priesthood was truly restored through Joseph and that it will never be taken off the Earth until Christ comes again at that great and dreadful day. The adversary will do all he can to make us give up and quit at whatever we are doing. He has done it to many people. He even tried to do it to me. He tried to stop me from acquiring all that I want in this life but, Heavenly Father showed me that if I am faithful and true to the Gospel He will give me all that I want and more. I have an unshakable testimony of this Gospel and everything else I have said. Never give up, no matter what. As President Hinkley always said,"Don't worry, it will all work out". I love you all and hope you have a good week.


Love,
--
Elder Travis J. Roberts
Ghana Accra Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment