Thursday, March 10, 2016

February 15, 2016


Hello everyone!!

Not a ton of stuff to report this week. We had the mission tour this week, so it was a slow week for finding. The mission tour was really good, we got to hear from Elder Terence M. Vinson and his wife Sis. Kay Vinson.  We traveled about 20 minutes away to Madina for the meeting.  They both did a really good job motivating us and helping us to see how to work not just harder, but smarter.  It was nice seeing some of the Elders that I flew out with at the meeting.  The only other thing worth mentioning is that we have a baptism on the 27th! We are baptizing brother Theodore. I mentioned him in my emails weeks ago and now he is finally getting baptized! We still have to work with him on understanding some doctrine because he gets confused but he knows that it is true. He tells us that every time. He is a nice man that will for sure stay in the church. I really cant wait to have a baptism. It is super exciting. Also we had transfers and our whole apartment is still together. That most likely means that next transfer 2 of us are leaving. Transfers are today and tomorrow. I did find a couple of foods I really like, fried yams and jollof rice.  Jollof rice is the Ghanian version of paella.  Its nice to find some food that isn't so different from the food back home.  Well, that is all for this week. I love you all so much. Also before I forget. 3 MONTHS BABY!!! Also, DONE WITH TRAINING!!!! Love you all! Have a good week. 

Love
--
Elder Travis J. Roberts
Ghana Accra Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment