Monday, April 24, 2017

Apr. 10, 17 & 24, 2017

Hey everyone!!

How are all of you? I hope that you are all doing well! I am doing great over here. Sorry it has been so long. I really don't mean to let so much time go between letters, but sometimes it just happens. Things have been really good for me. I am training now! My new missionary (son) is named Elder Wilkins. He is from Snowflake, Arizona. He is a really cool guy. He comes from a big family, he is second to the last of eight children. He also really likes to play basketball. The great thing about him is that he was so prepared to come on his mission that it is almost like he is pre-trained. It definitely makes my life a lot easier. He really is a great guy and I am enjoying the chance to work with him. 

This last week we had the zone leaders visit our area and go on splits with us. We were able to add 15 investigators to our teaching pool, so we are super excited about that. We are still working with Daniel and Dina, but no solid plans for a baptism just yet. We are hopeful that with the new additions to our teaching pool we will be able to see some great results in the near future.

It is hard to believe that Easter has come and gone already. I do not know where the time goes anymore. I really hope that everyone had a good Easter and took the time to remember this special event in the history of mankind. I know that Christ really did die and rise again on the third day and that it truly was for our sakes. Words can't describe what I feel when I think about it. It really is the most special thing in all the world. 

Yesterday we had a really exciting thing happen! We had a multi stake conference in the Accra conference center. It was one of the coolest experiences I have had on my mission so far. There were over 50 investigators who attended the conference. The meeting was held to create the 76th stake in Africa, so we now have the Teshie Stake. It was presided over by Elder Vinson, who is the Area President and a member of the first quorum of the 70. It is cool because in his 3 years of being in Africa they have now doubled the amount of stakes, with more coming soon. I even found out that my last zone, Koforidua, will be a stake this summer, so I am super excited! 

I love the Gospel so much and I know that it is true. I am so so thankful to be serving a mission for the Lord. I am so thankful for what he did for me. I love you all. One more thing, 17 months in the books! (actually almost 18) Talk to y'all later!!


--
Elder Travis J. Roberts
Ghana Accra Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment