Saturday, July 9, 2016

July 4, 2016

Happy 4th of July!!!

I hope that your week was good. Our week was great! This was one of the best weeks I have had over here. The work is really amazing in Suhum. I hope that I stay here for a while. The members are wonderful and the people are wonderful. It is a much smaller congregation than in Ashaley Botwe, so I even get to play the piano for some of the meetings. I am doing well and my companion, Elder Kallon is doing well.I am still getting used to the area, but I am really liking it. We don't have any hot water for showers, but with the heat here in Ghana its not that big of a deal.

It is weird to be the senior companion and to be in charge of all the decisions for our companionship. It really is a big learning experience. I need to learn fast though, because I think I will be made district leader this next transfer. I am not really sure, but it might happen. We lose a lot of guys next month so it is highly likely that will happen. It really is always amazing to hear conversion stories. I don't have any for ya, I just like them a lot :-). It is cool to see investigators become converted though. I can see it in some of the investigators that we have. I hope it turns into something. We have some baptisms booked for July 23rd, hopefully our investigators will follow through. I am so thankful for a mission and for what it does to you. I can't believe that my role model (my cousin DJ Arnson) only has 5 weeks left. I can't wait to see him and all of you late next year. Have a great week!

Love,
--
Elder Travis J. Roberts
Ghana Accra Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment