Thursday, July 14, 2016

July 11, 2016

Hey everyone!!

I hope that your week was good! Our week was pretty good, but not as great as last week. Unfortunately, we didn't have anyone come to church this week. Everyone we are working with was out of town for funerals, so we didn't make as much progress as we would have liked. I'm enjoying being a senior companion, partly because my companion, Elder Kallon, is self-motivated and makes the work go smoothly. We are enjoying working together. Unlike the spoiled missionaries in the states, we don't eat often at members homes ;-). We cook things like rice, stew, noodles, etc. for each other, so its all good.  

Suhum is really awesome! The people treat us well and are very welcoming and willing to listen. I really couldn't have come to a better place to serve. Everybody speaks English and Twi here. I have only picked up a few words and phrases in Twi, mainly because everybody speaks English. I would like to learn more, but we have been instructed by Pres. Heid not to spend time learning the different dialects, so that it doesn't take away time we could spend teaching. Our investigators are great, they are really receptive to the message. Things are still looking good for our baptisms on the 23rd, so that is exciting! 

It is hard to think that I have been out for 8 months already. 8 months...that is crazy! It really is incredible how fast the time flies. I can't believe that this transfer is half way over (there are 6 weeks in a transfer period)! Missionary work is real. A mission really does change you. I have seen the change in peoples lives and in my own.  I hope that you all have a great week.

Love,
--
Elder Travis J. Roberts
Ghana Accra Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment