Tuesday, July 19, 2016

July 18, 2016

Hey everyone!! How are you all doing? I hope that your week went well. Ours went pretty good. I'm still getting used to my new area, but it feels like home, so that is nice. We had some good numbers. The big challenge is still trying to get investigators to church. Everything is still on track for this weeks baptisms, so that is exciting! One small problem is the branch president wants to wait until the 30th when the new building will be done. We would prefer the 23rd, but we will just have to play it by ear. 

I spoke in church a couple weeks ago on "missionary" Sunday. That is where the missionaries are in charge of all the meetings, we do it once a month. I am grateful for the chance to teach others about the gospel and for the opportunity to share my testimony. I know that I am growing and learning because of these missionary experiences; missions are so awesome!

Even though it was kind of a quiet week, the work is still moving along. I am absolutely loving the area! It really is a great area. The people are wonderful. My grandma Arnson will be thrilled to know I still haven't seen any monkeys. I hope to see some wildlife while I'm in Suhum, but nothing so far. I dont have much else to report, but all is going well. The mission is losing another ten Elders next transfer with no replacements, so it's pretty crazy but it's all good.

I have gotten the chance to practice my cooking skills here in Ghana. We usually eat eggs and rice for breakfast. We have a fridge and I actually got to have some real milk, something I didn't think I would be able to enjoy until I got back home. Elder Kallon and I are going to get pizza after I finish emailing, so that will be nice. I know the church is true and I absolutely love it. Missionary work is real. I am so thankful to serve a mission. I love you all!

Love,
--
Elder Travis J. Roberts
Ghana Accra Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment