Monday, June 27, 2016

June 27, 2016

Hey everyone!!

How are you all doing? I hope that your week was wonderful and that you enjoyed it. My week was really good. I finished my first week in Suhum! It is a really, really nice place. I am so happy to be in such an amazing area. I hope I stay here for a while. I was also made senior companion, so that is pretty neat and humbling. My new companion is Elder Kallon, and he is from Sierra Leone. He just finished training and is a really great guy. I know our companionship will be good. I am the only white guy (bruni) in Suhum, so that is awesome! 

On the way to Suhum I had the chance to stop at the mission home and briefly visit with Pres. and Sis. Heid. I also got to see some friends I have made in the mission, it was a nice transfer. It took me about 3 hours to get to Suhum from the mission home. I was really happy when I got to Suhum to see that my apartment is nicer than the one I just left. We have 4 missionaries in the apartment just like before, and each companionship works their half of the town. The four of us are the only missionaries in Suhum. The roads here are all paved, and it is cooler than down in Ashaley, so that is nice. Suhum is small enough that we come into Koforidua to email every week. Its about 30 minutes by tro-tro or cab from Suhum to Kof town, so not too bad. We have a district meeting tomorrow, so we will make the trip again tomorrow.

The work is really good up here. Suhum is a little better off than Ashaley Botwe, and the people seem very open to the Gospel. We already have a good teaching pool, and we should have some baptisms this month, so that is exciting! Not much else happened this week except getting used to Suhum. The branch is awesome and we are getting a brand new building for us, also very exciting! I hope that you all have a good week. The Gospel is true. Love you all!

Love,
--
Elder Travis J. Roberts
Ghana Accra Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment