Monday, June 20, 2016

June 20, 2016

Hey everyone!!

How are you all doing? I am doing very well. We had a really awesome week this week. Our numbers were super high and, WE HAD A BAPTISM!! It was so amazing!! It truly is the best feeling on your mission. To baptize someone who wants to enter the Kingdom of God is amazing! Sister Mercy truly is an amazing person. Her story is awesome. About a month ago she just showed up to church. We were really surprised, but we were so happy. Then we find out that she talked to her brother-in-law, who is a member. He said that this is the only church you can find salvation in. (She had asked him where she could find salvation; she used to go to Church of Christ.) So she came to our ward! Then we began teaching her. She was the easiest person I have ever taught. Sometimes we wouldn't even have to explain things to her because she already knew them. She truly is amazing! I am so happy that she is my first actual baptism on my mission and in Ashaley Botwe. Unfortunately, she will be the only one in Botwe. Yep that means only one thing, I am getting transferred! I am super excited about the change but sad that I have to leave a fast growing area. Elder Allen and I have been working our tails off these last few months to make this area fruitful and it finally is becoming fruitful! I will miss it for sure. My new area is Suhum in Koforidua. It is in the bush (out of the city) so I am ridiculously excited for that! Koforidua is about 35 miles north of Accra. It is in the hills and it is cooler and greener there. I will be the senior companion to an elder from Africa. I can't wait for this new challenge. I leave tomorrow to go to my new area, so it will be awesome. I hope that you all have a great week and I will talk to you next week! See ya! 


Love,
-- 
Elder Travis J. Roberts
Ghana Accra Mission

This is from the baptism on Saturday


1 comment: