Wednesday, April 20, 2016

April 18, 2016

Hey everyone!!

How are you all? I hope that you are doing well. My week was pretty good. We are doing the daily missionary grind!! We are doing really good with our investigators. We met with Irene on Saturday and she is progressing very well.  We are going to try and set a date this week for her baptism. We also picked up a couple of investigators, so that was nice. One of them is named Ladona. They both are really nice and we hope they are willing to listen to, and act on, the missionary lessons. 

It has been an adjustment getting used to the food here, but I have learned to really like it. This week I had some Banku (cassava dough) with Okra stew and tuna. I also had some Jollof rice (its like paella or jambalaya), good stuff! We have bikes, but we mostly walk around our area.  The zone got together in Madina for P-day today.  We played football and ate together, it was a lot of fun. 

Elder Allen and I are getting along great and working hard. Our hard work seems to be paying off and we are doing very well.  It was actually a pretty calm week this week. It is weird to think that I have been out for over 5 months already and we are speeding towards the quarter mark. It truly is hard to believe! I am so thankful I am serving a mission and I am so thankful for the Gospel, it means so much to me. I love all of you and I hope you all have a good week!

Love,
--
Elder Travis J. Roberts
Ghana Accra Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment