Tuesday, April 19, 2016

April 11, 2016

Well another week has come and gone. I cant believe that we are already this far in!! It has been 5 months since I have been out! That is hard to believe. It really is amazing to see how fast time goes! It is still really hot and humid here.  We have gotten a little bit of rain, but it doesn't cool things off at all. I think its just going to be this way my whole mission, but that's OK. I have learned to like my Crocs, something I thought I would never say. If any of you have seen the movie "Freetown", it was all filmed in Ghana. The bridge near the end of the movie is here in Accra. It goes over the Volta river and I have seen.  It is a really neat bridge.  

This week was pretty normal. We taught quite a few lessons and had good results. We may have found a serious investigator. Her name is Irene, she is in her twenties.  We met her and her sister one day when we were contacting near our apartment and taught them. Her sister goes to work so we don't get to see her much, but she writes her questions down for us! Also, Irene has an LDS friend that gave her a Book of Mormon. She hadn't started reading it yet so we challenged her to read it. She said that she would but, over here you have to take things with a grain of salt and expect them to maybe not read it. We were suprised the next time we saw her that she had actually read! She actually read in Moroni 8 about infant baptisms and had questions for us! It was really exciting. 

The other fun thing that happened was that I read In Defense of Truth. I am sure some of you have heard of this book before. It is a really awesome book for missionaries to read. It answers lots of questions that other religions have about our church and helps to expand our knowledge as well, all using the Bible. It really is a good and interesting read. It isnt that long, only 75 pages, but it is beautifully written. Well that is all for this week. I hope that you all have a good week! Love you!

Sincerely,


--
Elder Travis J. Roberts
Ghana Accra Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment