Monday, October 9, 2017

Oct 2 & 9, 2017

Hello everyone!!!

I hope that you are all doing well! Elder Bayo and I are really doing good. We even have had some baptisms, so we are really excited right now!!  I am doing great and just trying to finish strong. We have been teaching a lot of people and have been doing well with finding solid investigators. We are super excited about the area! Right now we are in a threesome because Elder Selfridge is waiting for his "son" that he will be training. His new companion is from the Congo, and is still learning English in the MTC. He will get here a week from tomorrow. We have to cover two areas with the three of us, but we are having good success and we are enjoying our time together.

I really enjoyed watching General Conference last weekend. I got to watch the Saturday afternoon session, and the Priesthood session. It was so good to hear all the talks, they energized me and gave me motivation to finish my mission strong. Knowing that it was the last General Conference I will see on my mission made it especially good.

Things got a little interesting here over the weekend. On Saturday night there was a big explosion in Madina. A tanker truck that was refueling the natural gas tanks at a filling station started leaking, and then there was a spark which caused the filling station to explode! This all happened during an interview for baptism. I was just sitting there, watching a small lightning storm pass through, then I hear a couple of booms. Next, a person says that there is a fire, and we went to a vantage point and it looked like the sun was coming back up! Then, the fireball faded and it started raining. The whole area was in total chaos. As we were coming back from the interview there were so many people just walking around, scared and confused, we were all safe though. Also, electricity didnt come back on until 2 in the morning, so we didnt have a very comfortable night. Fortunately nobody from the ward was hurt in the incident, but it was quite the experience! 

I am just so thankful for the gospel and to know that these kind of things were predicted long ago. I am so thankful to know that I am doing what the Lord wants me to do. I love all of you!! P.S. See you in four weeks!!!!!
-- 
Elder Travis J. Roberts
Ghana Accra Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment