Sunday, October 1, 2017

Aug 28, Sep 4 & 11, 2017

Hey everyone!!

How are you all doing? I hope that you are all having a wonderful day. First let me say that I love all of you. I am currently writing this on 9/11. This is a day which has brought me much sorrow and sadness each year. It is one of the worst acts of terrorism the world has ever seen. It was one of the darkest days ever and my heart always has gone out to those that were affected. As I view this day for a second time on my mission and get to look at the world from a different stand point, I get to see just how much the world has spiraled out of control. Evil is getting worse with no end in sight. The rising generation in the Church is getting stronger and more righteous every day and is causing Satan to work over time. I will not be surprised if another big attack comes soon. All I know is that as the truth spreads Satan will do even more terrible things. That is why I am so glad that I am in a family and group of friends that is fighting against that. I have cousins who are growing in the knowledge of their God and I am so proud of them. I have so many examples to look up to. For that I am grateful. I feel like Brother Joseph who said that I am going like a lamb to the slaughter yet I am as calm as a summer's breeze. Obviously I am not dying, but that is what it is like to face the trials of our day. 

Our last few weeks have been good. We ended up only baptizing Godfred, but we are shooting for more baptisms in the coming weeks. We have been able to find a lot of investigators, so that has been good. We had missionary Sunday, where the missionaries give the talks in Sacrement. They only needed two missionaries to speak, so I didn't have to give a talk, but it was a really good meeting. 

I also got to go to Koforidua for P-day. It was fun to see one of the towns I used to go to when I was in Suhum. Its out away from Accra and much greener, so that was a nice break. The next week we went to Dodowa falls. Our district has 10 missionaries in it and we all took a tro-tro and then hiked up to the falls. It was really beautiful and nice and cool by the falls. Its one of my favorite places in Ghana.  

I really am just trying to finish strong. It is hard to believe that we are already at this point. It feels like yesterday that I went out into the field and started my mission. I have loved serving a mission so much and will finish strong. I have a testimony that the Gospel is true and that we are in the last days. I know that if we do all that we are told to do by the prophet we will return to God. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith translated it by the gift and power of God. I also know that he was the one that was called to be the Prophet of the Restoration. I love all of you so much. 22 MONTHS BABY!!!!!!!


--
Elder Travis J. Roberts
Ghana Accra Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment