Thursday, May 12, 2016

May 9th, 2016

Well, sorry that I didn't email last week. The connection was bad last week at the internet cafe. So, two whole weeks to talk about. We are making progress in growing the area. We have found some new investigators that seem promising. One of them is named Nana. We met her last week. She was a actually a blessing in disguise. That day when we went to see all of our people they cancelled on us, every single person. So we decided to go and contact. At first we were having no luck doing street contacting, so we sucked up our pride and went into the nice housing area and started knocking on compound doors. At first we had no luck. Then we knocked on Nana's compound door. At first she didnt answer, then we knocked again and she answered and let us in. We got to know each other and found out that when she was small she went to the church, but she is not baptized. We taught her and her mom and at the end of the lesson you could see in her eyes that she wanted to learn more. She truly was a blessing because after that we found a few more people. 

I definitely know that when you feel like you should just give up and go back to the apartment the Lord will bless you with strength if you decide to do His will.The gospel is real and everything else that goes with it is real. I love it so much. 

Something that is normal for me but not for all of you is that during the day you will hear the mosque's prayers over their loud speakers. I have gotten used to it. You also hear all the churches "speaking in tongues" a lot. Ghana is SO different, but I love it. I can't believe that I only have a year and a half left. Oh yeah, SIX MONTHS BABY!!! We are at the six month mark, crazy to think! 

We also had Mother's day yesterday. It was so amazing to talk to my parents and to video chat and see their faces. I love them so much and I miss them. Good thing I get to see them in 18 months! Well I love you all and hope that you have a wonderful week!

Love,
--
Elder Travis J. Roberts
Ghana Accra Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment