Wednesday, January 13, 2016

January 11, 2016


Hello everyone!

I hope everyone had a good week and that you all are enjoying the new year! Not much really happened this week because I ended up being sick a couple of days. It was also a tough week because a few of our strong investigators didnt show up to church so it was really frustrating. While I was sick though I learned a lot of things from the scriptures and from the preach my gospel series called "The District". It really taught me a lot of new and interesting things. One thing that I learned is that it is okay to be bold as long as it is appropriate. I got to exercise that on Saturday in our first lesson. It ended up being 2 hours of listening to a pastor and his friend talk so it was kind of funny and really boring and spirit killing but, right near the end of the lesson I picked up a Book of Mormon, bore my testimony on how it and my testimony of Christ saved my live and instantly the atmosphere of the lesson changed, I could actually feel the Spirit in the room for the first time in those long 2 hours. Also after I did that they said that they would read the Book of Mormon, so I know for sure that when we are bold and when we do what the spirit tells us to do we can be an instrument in God's hands because that is certainly what I was in that moment. My advice this week would be to not be afraid to share the gospel with people you know because you have no idea if they are ready or not. The worst they could do is say no which really isnt all that bad. I would also say that if you get the chance you should watch "The District", it really is powerful and can teach you how to be a missionary in your lives.
"All that glitters is gold, Only shooting stars break the mold"- SmashMouth
--
Elder Travis J. Roberts
Ghana Accra Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment