Tuesday, January 26, 2016

January 25, 2016


Etesen?! (How are you? In Twi)

How is everyone doing this week?  I hope everyone is doing good and that they are well. Our week was really good this week. We had a multi-zone conference up in Kpong.  Its up in the mountains about two hours away by tro tro. The weather was foggy and overcast the whole day.  It was a nice break from the heat in Accra!  The American elders got together and played a little American football, it was a lot of fun.  I also found out that four of the American elders are going to Sierra Leone.  It was closed because of the Ebola epidemic, but they opened the country again just recently.  One of the elders is a good friend and it will be hard to see him go.  I definitely plan on staying in touch with him. 

   Our investigators that are getting baptized came to church so they are right on schedule. The baptisms are scheduled for the 30th, so keep them in your prayers.   We met all of the goals that we set out to do this week so that felt really good. It is hard to believe that I am almost finished with training! It still feels like yesterday that I got here and was so tired that I feel asleep in class in the MTC. The time truly goes fast and I cant even imagine how fast it will go once I finish training, only 3 more weeks. Before I know it I will be back home talking to everyone in person about Africa!! The work is definitely hard, but I am so glad to be here to do it. I know this is where I am supposed to be to do the work. It is slow but, it is going good.  As an Obroni (white person), Bruni for short, I definitely stand out.  The kids always come up and hang on me and want to talk to us.  But it also helps us get in to teach people because they are curious what I am doing in Ghana, so it's all good. It is still just as hot as ever here so please send some of the cold weather our way. We desperately need it. I hope everything is going good back home. I love all of you.

"We have been taught as Nephi of old of goodly parents who loved the lord, We have been taught and we understand that we must do as the Lord commands."- Childrens Hymnbook

Sincerely,
--
Elder Travis J. Roberts
Ghana Accra Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment