Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Feb. 6, 13, & 20, 2017

Hey everyone!!!

How are you doin?!
I hope that you are all doing well. I am doing really good over here. Just teachin' and preachin' in Africa!! Sorry that it has been so long. That is never my intention. I just get so side tracked talking to everyone! So much has happened. Of course, being in a new area I have been learning all about it. It has been really wonderful here in Kpone so far. I love it very much. We are able to find solid investigators, the only problem is getting them to church. That is pretty normal, so it is all good. Our investigator Jonathan ended up not getting baptized, but we are still working with him. We have a tenative baptism date set for the end of March, but we will just have to wait and see. We also found a new investigator, his name is Ferguson. We just started teaching him this week, but he has been making good progress.  

It is different being back in the city again. I do miss the bush a lot, but we have been working hard and having lots and lots of fun in our apartment full of Americans. I have been able to go to the mall the last two weeks for P-day, so that has been kind of nice. I even got to eat at Pizza Hut and had the meat feast, it was awesome! It is hard to believe that we are already on the last week of February. The year is really flying by!! I don't know if it is just me but, I feel like it goes even faster without 30 or 31 days in the month. It is hard to believe how fast time is going. In March I will be 16 months on my mission and I am not really sure how that happened. It still feels like I got out of the MTC yesterday. I can say though, that I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. It really is the most amazing thing to be doing. If you ever have any doubts about going on a mission, I can personally tell you that you should go. You will be so much better off because of it. I love it so much!! Also, only 9 months to go! Its amazing that I am already at this point. I love my mission so much and I know that the Church is true!

Love,
-- 
Elder Travis J. Roberts
Ghana Accra Mission
L to R: Elder Dougal, Elder Seeley, Elder Roberts and Elder Mathews



No comments:

Post a Comment