Monday, August 22, 2016

August 22, 2016

Hey everyone!! How are you doing? I hope that your week went well. Our week went pretty good. We were very excited because we had the baptism of Joshua, so that was very nice. We had it at the new building here in Suhum and it went really well. We also had the All Africa Service Project (its like Mormon Helping Hands in the US) on the same day as the baptism. Here in Suhum the missionaries and members went to the hospital and trimmed some trees and just cleaned up in general. 

This week we are preparing for the open house of the new church building here in Suhum, so there is a lot to do before this coming Saturday. Overall things are going pretty well here. We are still working with Bro. Adam and Bro. Andrew. Its slow going, but we are hoping that they will be able to be baptized soon. We had a big rainstorm here yesterday, but its kind of hilly here in Suhum so it didn't flood or anything. 

I can't believe come September it will already have been 3 months since I got here! It really is a nice place. Also 9 MONTHS BABY!!!! We are movin right along! It is so weird because it doesn't feel that long and I see so many of my friends turning a year already. The time really does fly! I love my mission so much. I love the gospel and know it is true! I love all of you!

Love,
-- 
Elder Travis J. Roberts
Ghana Accra Mission

This is a picture from my last zone conference, one of the other missionaries put it together.


No comments:

Post a Comment