Thursday, December 17, 2015

Weeks 3 & 4

Hey everyone!!,

MAN, I can not believe that it has already been a month since I have left!! It is crazy! There have been so many things going on that I am not really sure where to start. I guess I will start with that I HAVE A BAPTISM ON JANUARY 10th!!!! It is super exciting!! His name is Brother Rein and get this, his brother is the stake president in Accra!! We are also teaching his younger brother so we might baptize him as well. So please keep them in your prayers!! 

We have a few other investigators that we are teaching but they are not really ready for baptism yet. The thing that is hard over here is that everyone is already a christian or a Muslim. Everyone is super nice and will listen to your message though. My companion and I and the other 2 elders are actually in one of the tougher areas of the mission to get people into the church. We do our best though. It is funny because today this morning, on the way to the cafe we had the scariest but funnest tro tro ride yet. We were sitting in the back seat and the lift door on the back wasn't fully shut so it was super sketchy, but extremely fun. Also when we ride bikes on the road we could literally stick our hands out and touch the passing cars. It is really fun. Sometimes it is really hard because I miss home but then I think, "Hey you are only here for 2 short years, focus on the work and you won't feel that way." 

Probably the hardest thing is that we don't always have power so that is kind of annoying. Oh yeah on Saturday we helped the members clean up the church building and afterwards got to eat Kenke with Pepe soup. It is actually really good. It is still hard to eat food here but I am getting better at it!! I have also started to pick up a little Twi. I don't have an accent though and I don't think that I ever will because on Thursday we had a super awesome zone conference and one of the elders going home spoke. He was from America and had no accent at all, so oh well. That is really all that happened these last 2 weeks. I will try to be more regular with weekly updates!! Feel free to send questions, I would love to answer them. See you all very soon!! 

Sincerely,
--
Elder Travis J. Roberts
Ghana Accra Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment